8 Ways to Get Clients from Linkedin
Linkedin is a professional networking site that can be used to generate business leads. When used correctly, it can be a great tool for generating clientele. These are 8 ways to get clients from Linkedin. But before we look at that, lets get the basics right.
1) Create an optimised profile: The first step to get clients from Linkedin is creating an optimised profile that represents you and your company well. You need to give all the right information, like your job title and company name. Your picture should be professional, so it doesn't make people think you're unprofessional or shady. It also should have a link back to your website or blog so people who want more information about you know where to find it. Create an all star profile (here is an article on this)
2) Have good connections: The second way to get clients from Linkedin is by having good quality connections that are part of your buyer persona. You are able to search and add new connections through Linkedin to achieve this, just make sure you avoid spamming and mass adding contacts. Be strategic and always look to add value to anyone you make a connection with.
1. Add a link in your profile to your personal website
Personal websites are the first thing that people usually visit when they want to know more about a person.
There are a lot of benefits for having a personal website. For one, it gives you an opportunity to express yourself in the way that you want to - not the way that your employer wants you to. It also allows you to provide information about your skills and experience and can help recruiters find you if they're looking for talent in the same industry.
The best part about having a personal site is that it can be done on any budget - there are templates out there that make it easy and cheap for anyone to create their own personal site.
2. Ask for introductions to other professionals on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a great resource to find introductions to professionals in a given field.
We should think of LinkedIn as an introduction platform. It’s perfect for building your network and getting introductions to the people you want to meet.
LinkedIn is more than just a social media site that facilitates networking – it’s also an introduction platform where we can find introductions to professionals in a given field.
Introductions are one of the best ways to build strong connections with new people, and LinkedIn is an excellent way of making them happen.
3. Write a brief but compelling description of your professional services on LinkedIn
With over 10 years of experience in SEO and content marketing, I can help you improve your online presence.
I’ve been developing and executing campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and startups. My work has generated millions in revenue for businesses and helped them grow their visibility on the web.
4. Share articles from trusted sources with your network on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a great networking resource for professionals, and it's also one of the top social networking sites on the internet. It has more than 500 million users, and it has been called "the world’s largest professional network on the internet." With all that traffic, you're bound to have friends who are looking for your help.
In this article from HBR, they share a variety of ways to use your network to make connections in your industry. They also go over how you can use LinkedIn's publishing features for maximum effect. Whether you're new or experienced with LinkedIn, there's something here for everyone to learn.
This article is perfect for business professionals who would like to expand their professional networks and leverage their expertise in order to generate more referrals.
5. Join groups and participate in discussions with relevant posts
Joining groups on LinkedIn or other social media sites is a good way to learn about the industry. The group members will be able to share their knowledge and experience with each other. This can also be a good place for you to network and make connections in your industry.
6. Comment on popular posts that are relevant to your industry and share them with your network
There are two ways to go about this:
1) You can share an article that is relevant to your industry and see if the influencers in your network will like it.
2) You can share an article that is not related to your industry and ask for feedback on how you could make it relevant to your industry.
I think the first way is a better idea because it allows you to connect with influencers in your network and see if they would be interested in sharing the content with their followers. It would also be a good opportunity for them to give feedback on the content and provide any valuable insights into what it needs to improve.
7. Start conversations by commenting or sharing posts that are relevant to your industry
The idea behind this tip is to comment on or share posts that are relevant to your industry. The goal here is to establish yourself as an expert and get recognized by the community. Doing so will lead to potential clients contacting you for your services.
You can make a comment on a post, share it on your timeline, or make a like or retweet of the post.
8. Follow people who work in the same industry as you and try to add value occasionally
If you want to be successful with your blog, you should try to learn from other bloggers. You can find bloggers in your industry that are already doing well and follow them. Additionally, you can comment on their posts or comment on a post that you like and provide some insight to the reader.
This is a great way to get noticed by other bloggers in your field of expertise. It also lets readers know that you are curious about their topics and they will be more likely to read what you have to say.
For Social Media Marketing consultancy from £50 per month, check out the Social Media Battleplan here